3.13.2006

reading right now

I'm currently starting:

The Bride and the Bachelors, published in 1976, profiling Marcel Duchamp, Jean Tinguely, Robert Rauschenberg, John Cage and Merce Cunningham. Obviously interesting subject matter, and reputedly very well-written from a reader's standpoint. I'm about to find out.

Rauschenberg is a favorite of mine, and I didn't know too much about him when they last had some of his stuff up at the Warhol (a couple years ago) but I enjoyed it immensely then and want another chance now. It's a little bit like when I was four and my family went to see Bo Diddley at the Rib Fest and I was a whiner because I was cold and tired and I didn't end up enjoying Bo that much (despite liking his name a lot). Now I'd be all over seeing Bo live, especially for free. Please, world. Give Andy a second chance or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home