3.30.2006

proposed reading list amendment

Whereas, this is the kind of weather in which I can sit outside and read a book and feel okay about myself and not like a waster of time, and,

Whereas, I'm not getting too far with the OED book because there are too many stodgy old white dudes with attitudes, and,

Whereas, I've heard that as a person interested in the writing of nonfiction I must read this book, therefore be it

Resolved that henceforth I will commence trying to read Let Us Now Praise Famous Men, by James Agee and Walker Evans.

When I started it at lunch today I was sitting on a bench by the fountain and there was a man sitting on the next bench playing WDVE and occasionally bursting out yelling a chorus ("IIIIII DON'T WANNA WORK!!!!") or yelling at an unsuspecting passerby ("YOU'RE LATE!!!").

2 Comments:

Blogger andyhorbal said...

Let Us Now Praise Famous Mem! I will read it to, and then we will discuss it during lunch breaks! Brian Taylor: join our impromptu book club!

Why won't blogger allow the html underline tag in comments? It let's me use them elsewhere...

11:48 AM  
Blogger Brian Taylor said...

Ok.

Do we get to make t-shirts?

I really want James Agee's face screenprinted on a shirt.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home