1.16.2006

please mister postman

Also, I feel a duty to report here my discovery of earlier today, which is that, in "You're So Vain," Carly Simon says:

Well, you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not, you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend
,

NOT, as I had previously believed,

Well, you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not, you're with
Some underworld spy or the wife of a postman
.

I like my version much better, thankyouverymuch, and if I'm ever drunk/stupid enough to attempt karaoke (not to say that karaoke is itself that stupid, I just can't sing, y'all!), I will certainly sing this song, and I will sing this song MY way.

I mean, it's only fair that while the postman's out "deliverin' the mail," his wife should be shaggin' with the hero of our song. Right?

Right?