8.10.2005

they came in through the bathroom window

This morning began with a trip into the bathroom.

Thing is, at the point in the morning when I sauntered in there, the siding workers were already present and set up and on their scaffolding. Pretty near to the bathroom window. I decided to skip the shower for the morning, but as I sat on the john I created subtitles for the Spanish-language conversation going on on the other side of the wall.

Guy #1: Yo, dude's got his pants down! Hurry up!
Guy #2: Aight man, I'm comin'. I hafta get my camera phone out! This is gonna be ill!

The good news is, the whole project seems to be pretty much over. They just have to come back for the scaffolding, I guess. Unless they're leaving it there. We could charge the kids down the street (who, I might add, have been QUITE NAUGHTY this evening) to play on it.

Speaking of beefy dudes, I got a warm chuckle from today's Subdivided We Stand post (which, I would point out, I guess isn't an original work but a repost of something someone else wrote). I guess you have to be a Mary Worth follower to truly enjoy, but if you happen to be one, the amusement is overwhelming. And if you're not, you might want to reconsider.

(I suddenly recall a show a few weeks ago that I attended in which I was talking with Kevin and mentioned either Mary Worth or Rex Morgan, M.D., and a young man, about whom I know nothing except that he apparently works at the Bloomfield Pool, turned and said "So YOU'RE the one who reads that comic!" and then discussed the horrid Amazing Spider-Man with us for five minutes and, as quickly as he had appeared, left for another part of the room. I approve of this young man, whoever and wherever he may be.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah -- actually, most of what I stole from The Comics Curmudgeon was from comments that I had made over there myself, so I guess I was only plagiarizing myself in this instance. Thanks for the shout-out.

Cheers,
Subdivided We Stand

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it would be strange for you to lift someone else's writing completely . . . but there were so many comments on Comics Curmudgeon, I didn't bother sifting through them all to see where they originally resided. Heh.

Andy!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home